The following continuing education is approved by the Board:
- Continuing education that is taught by an association, corporation, or organization:
- Accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies, or
- Approved by the NCBTMB.
- Continuing education sponsored by a massage therapy school or bodywork therapy school that is:
- Affiliated with a community college located in the state of Arizona or
- Approved by the Arizona State Board for Private Post-secondary Education.
- Continuing education offered by a regionally or nationally accredited post-secondary institution in a state other than Arizona.
- Continuing education offered by an institution approved by a post secondary educational entity as a massage therapy or bodywork therapy school in a state other than Arizona.
- For each renewal period no more than four hours of CPR or four hours of First Aid for a combination of no more than eight hours that is taught by an instructor who has been certified in CPR or First Aid instruction by the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, American Safety and Health Institute, or National Safety Council and has a current card issued by the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or American Safety and Health Institute, or National Safety Council that contains:
a. The instructor's name,
b. A Statement by the certifying entity that authorizes the instructor to teach
CPR or First Aid, and
c. A certification expiration date.
- For each renewal period no more than three hours for attendance at a Board Meeting, if the licensee obtains a document that states the licensee attended a minimum of three hours at a Board meeting, the date of the Board meeting, and the signature of the Board's chair or executive director. The licensee may claim only the actual number of hours attended by licensee for a maximum of three hours.
- For each renewal period one hour of each eight hours serving as an instructor of a massage therapy class at a Board recognized school for a maximum of 10 hours and the licensee documents:
a. The name of Board-recognized school.
b. The title of the massage therapy class.
c. The subject matter of the massage therapy class.
d. The dates of the instruction.
e. The location of the massage therapy class; and
f. A confirmation of number of hours that is on official school letterhead and
signed by the owner of the Board-recognized school or designee.