In addition to the definitions in A.R.S. § 32-4201, in this Chapter:
- “Accredited” means approved by the:
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges,
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools,
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools,
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges,
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools,
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges,
- Council on Massage Therapy Accreditation.
- “Applicant” means an individual requesting a regular, renewal or reciprocity license from the Board or recognition as an out-of-state school as required by A.R.S. 32-4228.
- “Application packet” means the documents, forms, fees, and additional information required by the Board.
- "Classroom instruction" means the physical or distance learning format environment in which massage therapy didactic teaching or lecturing take place.
- "Client" means an individual receiving massage therapy.
- "Clinical instruction" means the hands-on application of massage therapy.
- “Hour” means a minimum of 50-minutes.
- “Day” means calendar day.
- "Distance learning" means the instructor of a continuing education and the individual receiving the continuing education are not located in the same room in which the continuing education is being provided.
- "FSMTB" means Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards, the body that administers a massage and bodywork licensing examination.
- "Health care practitioner" means "practitioner" defined in A.R.S.32-3101.
- "Hour" or "classroom hour" means 50 to 60 minutes of participation.
- "High school equivalency diploma" means:
- A document issued by the Arizona Department of Education under A.R.S. § 15-702 to an individual who passes high school equivalency test or meets the requirements of A.R.S. § 15-702(B);
- A document issued by a state other than Arizona to an individual who passes high school equivalency test or meets the requirements of a state statute equivalent to A.R.S. § l5-702(B);
- A equivalent of a 12th grade education as determined by the Board based upon information obtained from American or foreign consulates or embassies or other governmental entities.
- “Good moral character” means an application
- Has not, been convicted of a felony or an offense involving moral turpitude or prostitution, solicitation, other related offense.
- Has not been convicted of an act involving dishonest, fraud misrepresentation or gross negligence.
- Is not currently incarcerated in a local, state, or federal penal instituition or is not on community supervision
- Has not, had a professional license revoked or suspended by this state, a political subdivision of this state, or a regulatory board in another jurisdiction in the United States, or voluntarily surrendered a professional license in lieu of disciplinary action; or
- Has not, had a massage therapy certification revoked or suspended by a national massage therapy certifying agency.
- “License” means written authorization issued by the Board to engage in the practice of massage therapy in Arizona.
- “Massage therapy student” means an individual receiving instruction in massage therapy or bodywork therapy at a Board-recognized school.
- ”NCBTMB" means National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, the body that is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies and provides examinations of and certifies individuals in massage therapy and bodywork.
- “Regular license” means an approval issued by the Board to an applicant who meets the requirements in A.R.S. §§ 32-4222(A), 32-4222(B), and this Chapter.
- “Practice of massage therapy” means the same as "massage therapy" as defined in A.R.S. § 32-4201.
- “Supervised instruction” means a licensee responsible for a massage therapy student at a Board-recognized
a. For Clinical instruction:
i. Is present at the location where the massage therapy student is performing
massage therapy as part of the massage therapy student's education
ii. Is immediately available for consultation; and
iii Evaluates the performance of the massage therapy student
b. For Classroom Instruction
i. Is immediately available for consultation, and
ii. Evaluates the performance of the massage therapy student.
- "TOEFL" means Test of English as a Foreign Language.
- 'TOEIC' means Test of English for International Communications.